I never thought I’d be cool enough to have a favorites post but here we are. August was a whirlwind, but here are a couple of things that got me through:
- PerkUp coffee in San Marcos, Texas. I’m really fortunate to live in a college town that is full of cute and unique coffee shops. Since moving to my new apartment, one of my closest shops is PerkUp- a bright and clean little shop. I’m a huge fan of cold brew, and PerkUp currently has my vote for the best cold brew in town. If you’re in the area and looking for a place to spend an afternoon and get some good quality coffee and food, this is your place. Pay them a visit here.
- Kodiak Minute Blueberry Muffins. Y’all. These are the best, and I eat them every single morning. You buy them individually, stir in 1/4 cup of water, microwave for a minute and instantly you have a perfect blueberry muffin. They taste so good, and they even make your entire house smell like blueberry muffins! There is no way to lose in this situation. They even come in other flavors. Check them out HERE.
- Erin Condren Academic Planner. You’ve heard me rave about this planner before, but it’s been very important this month. It’s syllabus week, which means a lot of due dates and exam dates to write down, and I’m also working extra days this semester along with copious amounts of breakfast and coffee dates! I couldn’t live without my planner, and the EC academic one is definitely my favorite.
- Spotify Peace of Mind playlist by Alex G. Alex G is a singer/songwriter that I’ve loved for years, but I just recently discovered some of the playlists she’s put together on Spotify. This playlist is my go-to in pretty much every situation: stressful, overwhelming, sleepy. It’s mostly acoustic, and has the perfect vibes for any mood. (did I just say vibes in an actual sentence?) Listen to it here.
- Peter Pan (the book). This month I decided to read a classic fairytale, and picked up Peter Pan. Y’all. There is something so eye opening about reading words on a page, rather than watching the movie that we all grew up with. It makes it seem more tangible and grown up, in a way. I’m definitely a huge fan of revisiting old favorites in a new medium. Books will always be better than their movies. I’m not sorry.
What did you love this month? What are you reading/eating/buying that I need to know about? Let me know!
With all the love,